(In the event a quorum of the members is not achieved, in accordance with the Bylaws of the Commission,
the Executive Committee of the Commission may meet to act upon items on this agenda.)
Introductions and Announcements
1. Receive the Approved Minutes of the March 2016 Advisory Committee Meeting That Were Adopted at Its Meeting on June 3, 2016.
2. Consider and Act Upon the Attached Requests for Exception to the TOPS Regulatory Provisions that Require Students to Enroll Full-Time, to Remain Continuously Enrolled, and to Earn at Least 24 Credit Hours During the Academic Year.
3. That the Commission consider rulemaking to amend the Scholarship and Grant Program Rules to implement Acts 18, (SB 329), and (SB 470) of the 2016 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature.*
4. Consider Adoption of the Monetary Amount That Will Constitute the Weighted Average Award Amount, for TOPS Recipients Who Attend Institutions That Are Members of the Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (LAICU) During the 2016-17 Academic Year.
5. Consider Adoption of the Monetary Amount that will constitute the Average Award Amount (TOPS Tech), to be awarded to TOPS recipients who are pursuing a vocational or technical education certificate or diploma at a proprietary or cosmetology school during the 2016-17 Academic Year.
* This proposal may be amended, pending executive action on SB 329 and SB 470.